The Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Rashidi Adewolu Ladoja, has directed the stoppage of the proposed demolition of almost 200 houses at Isokan Estate extension, Alao Akala, Elebu area, Ibadan.
Oba Ladoja gave the order to save the houses, many of which rooftops had been removed and marked for demolition, on Tuesday, May 19, in his Bodija, Ibadan residence, following the second meeting he had with the relevant stakeholders.
Olubadan, in a statement by his media aide, Adeola Oloko, on Wednesday, May 20, directed landlords whose house rooftops were removed to fix them back, warning land grabbers to stay away from the area, as the disputed land is not up for grabs.
The meeting agreed that fresh ground markings be carried out to determine the length and breadth of the land in question by independent surveyors, and tracked with the Oyo State Ministry of Lands.
Oba Ladoja said that by doing so, “we would be able to know who is trespassing whose land, and what next line of action to take.”
He, however, commended the Commissioner of Police, Oyo State Command, Olugbenga Ayodeji Abimbola, for prompt police presence in the area when he was alerted, and ensuring that the crisis did not go out of hand.
Thenewsbearer learnt that the Olubadan residence had been besieged by lorry loads of Isokan Extension landlords at 12.30pm on Sunday, May 17, who informed Oba Ladoja of how the rooftops of their buildings were removed from Thursday, May 14, through Friday, May 15, awaiting demolition.
It will be noted that the demolition followed an Ibadan High Court judgement in favour of one Mogaji Olopade Taofeek Abiola, also known as Mogaji Oloyin.
Mogaji Oloyin had told Olubadan that 31 acres of land situated at Isokan Extension is his family inheritance, with a valid court judgement and survey plan.
He said that he had tried to bring the attention of people concerned to the reality, and his effort to call the landlords to a negotiation table was rebuffed.
The Isokan Community spokesman, Mr Isiaq Olatunji, on his part, told Olubadan that “apart from rooftops removed, some house fence had been pulled down, with the implication that we are all living in fear, and unless Olubadan intervenes, we might be displaced for no just cause.”
He stated further that neighbourhoods beyond Oloyin, including Alausa, Aromokun, and Oluyedun, which are not covered by the judgement, are unduly threatened, with the implication that over 400 houses might be demolished.
The Chairman, Association of Ibadan Mogajis, Chief Asimiyu Ariori; the Land Committee Secretary, Mogaji Odeku; Baale Apena and Olubadan’s personal aides were among people present at the meeting.






















